Q-Moku: Tackle the Exploding Volume of Chan-chiki
New in 2019, these Q-Moku (practice shumoku) are designed to allow atarigane practice in manageable loudness (below 90db)! It is made of a metal core wrapped with soft fabric or leather to simulate balance of a real antler shumoku. The handle is carefully carved for thumb placement, and a counterweight fixed in the end. This two features enhance control and speed, which are particular important for fast tempo in Edo Bayashi practice.
Why use a Q-Moku?
• Protect yours and your friends’ precious hearing; regular hits are as loud as 120db, very damaging to hearing!
• Spare your roommates and neighbors from misery!
• Focus on training your left hand dexterity (with the heavy atarigane).
• In lessons or rehearsals, talk and play at the same time, no earplugs needed!
• Everyone loves a solid kane player!
Q-Moku (Regular version)
This Q-Moku is suitable for regular home use. “Chan” is slightly louder than “chiki”. The volume is moderate, no ear-plug needed. Due to the use of different fabrics, there are slight variations of volume range. Please consult if you have a preference.
XQ-Moku (Extra-quiet version)
The XQ-Moku is made of thick, soft but durable leather. The playing volume is close to inaudible. Likely an overkill for most users; suitable for small rooms with thin walls and sensitive neighbors/ roommates.